english  | Home | Impressum | Datenschutz | KIT
International Relations Office

KIT-Fakultät für Wirtschaftswissenschaften

Lorene Dobrinoff, M.A.
International Relations

Kollegiengebäude am Kronenplatz, Kaiserstr. 89

Gebäude 05.20, Raum 3B 03

D-76133 Karlsruhe

Tel.: +49 721 608-48582
E-mail: international relationsDdj4∂wiwi kit edu

FAQ for international students

We have collected the most frequently asked questions for incoming students at the KIT Department of Economics and Management here and are updating this list regularly. In case you cannot find the answer to your question below, please feel free to contact us via email:
International RelationsLrd5∂wiwi kit edu.


Who will sign my Learning Agreement?

Before starting your studies at KIT as an exchange student, you should fill out a learning agreement (official document listing the courses you are planning to take during your stay at KIT, as approved by your home university). At your host university (KIT) it will be checked and signed by the international relations coordinator of the department where you will be enrolled. Ideally, you are submitting your learning agreement to the KIT International Students Office together with your application documents. They will forward your learning agreement to our department. We will then contact you via email with feedback on your course choices. If no changes need to be made, we will send you a signed version via email (you can pick up the original after your arrival).

If you need to make changes to your initially signed learning agreement, or if you have not handed in a learning agreement with your application, you can contact us via email (International.Relations@wiwi.kit.edu): Please send us a PDF file with the proposed agreement / the proposed changes to the original agreement. We will contact you as soon as we have reviewed your agreement.

What should I know about exams?
  • Exams cover the contents of lectures and exercise courses/tutorials
  • Registration to exams is obligatory (cf. below)
  • Exams are usually written and take place after the lecture period: mid-February to mid-April (winter term) / mid-July to mid-October (summer term)
How can I register for exams?

As a student at KIT-Department of Economics and Management, you can register for the exams of all courses included in our module handbooks online.

If online registration is not possible (e.g. for courses NOT included in the department‘s module handbooks), you need to 1) make sure the course is listed in your Learning Agreement (signed by us), 2) ask for professor‘s (written) permission to participate in the exam, 3) download and print the certificate of approval of the Students Services Office (Studierendenservice), 4) show the LA + professor‘s permission to the Students Services Office to get a signature on the certificate of approval, 5) hand in the certificate of approval at the institute where the exam takes place.

PLEASE NOTE: if you cannot attend an exam for which you have registered, you need to de-register before the exam takes place (cf. below).

Do I have to de-register from an exam, if I cannot attend it?
Yes, it is very important to de-register from an exam in time before the exam takes place, if I you are not going to attend it. You can de-register online up to three days before the exam takes place (if you have originally registered online) or by contacting the responsible institute offering the exam.
When will my exam grades be added to my Transcript of Records (ToR)?
The results of the exams will be added to your ToR right after they have been finalized by the responsible institutes (usually by the beginning of the following lecture period: May for exams of winter term / November for exams of summer term).
How are seminar grades added to my Transcript of Records (ToR)?
If you have taken a seminar at our department or at another KIT department (e.g. ZAK or HoC, etc.), you should pick up your graded certificate at the respective institute after the last session of the course. After making a copy or scan to keep for yourself, you hand in the certificate at the Students Services Office (Studierendenservice) for your grade and ECTS credits to be entered into the online system.
How do I get my Transcript of Records (ToR)?

You can access your ToR online until 6 months after your de-enrollment at KIT. Your ToR is automatically generated by a computer system and is valid without a signature (a verification key is included in the ToR).

All grades will be added to your ToR by the beginning of the following lecture period (May for exams of winter term / November for exams of summer term).

In case your home-university requires a signed and stamped version of your ToR, please contact our registrar's office (Studierendenservice).