Double Degree Program for Grenoble INP industrial engineering students

You are a Grenoble INP student and want to take part in the Double Degree Program?

Here you will find the information you need to know for the Double Degree regarding the KIT.

Regarding your home university, you will find out how to apply and how to prepare for the Double Degree Program on the Grenoble INP – Génie Industriel website.

Important dates
  Fall deadline Spring deadline
Application at Grenoble INP January** -
Master application at KIT 15th of July 15th of January
Application for the DFH grant for students selected for the Double Degree before the 30th of September Enrollment from the 2nd of May to the 30th of September **
Application for the DFH grant for students selected for the Double Degree after the 30th of September - Enrollment from the 15th of January to the 31st of March
Application for other grants (Dossier de bourses) 5th of May** -
**This might change from one year to another, you will be informed by your university about the exact date.
Application at the partner university (KIT)
After being nominated at your home university, you will have to apply at the KIT. The master’s application deadlines are the 15th of July, if you are starting in the fall and the 15th of January if you are starting in the summer.
Tuition and administrative fees
All students are enrolled at both, the home, and the partner universities, but are exempt from tuition and administrative fees at the partner university (KIT). This does not apply to the student “Studierendenwerk” fee at the KIT to cover student-related administrative services.
Financing / grants
You can apply as usual to the French grants and the Erasmus+ grant during your semester abroad. Moreover, as a double degree student, you are eligible for the Franco-German University (FGU) grant during the time spent at the partner university. You will be informed via e-mail about how to apply, otherwise, you can find the information on the FGU website.
You will find all the information regarding the housing in Karlsruhe on the IStO website.
KIT requirements
INP students must figure their study plan according to the structure of the Industrial Engineering and Management master program from the KIT (see module handbook and the table below).
Important: The master degree can only be awarded to Grenoble INP students if proof of the required German language examination is presented (DSH2 C2, TestDaf4x4 C2, Goethe-Zertifikat C2 or TELC Deutsch C1 Hochschule or equivalent).
Study plan and Erasmus + Learning Agreement
Part of the documents required by the KIT is the study plan. The International Relations Office (IRO) from the KIT will send you a template that you will have to send back with your course choice for the entire Double Degree Program, which includes the INP courses you have already validated, and the KIT courses choice accepted by your tutor. The plan will only be valid if accepted by the IRO. The same courses must appear in your Learning Agreement.
You must keep your study plan and Learning Agreement up to date during the entire program and make sure that in case of making any changes, they follow all the requirements. The changes must be validated by your tutor, the International Department of the INP, and the IRO at the KIT.
Courses recognition
The courses included in your study plan must be recognized/accepted by the Grenoble INP – Génie Industriel and the KIT.
Recognition of KIT courses at the INP
As an INP student, you will be assigned a tutor from your university during your time at the KIT. He/she will be in charge of accepting your KIT course choice.
Recognition of INP courses at the KIT
You have different possibilities to assure the courses on your study plan are accepted and can be transferred from the INP to the KIT:
  • The IRO will send you a list of INP courses that are currently accepted at the KIT. The transfer of those courses to the KIT at the end of the program is assured
Grades transfer
Final master’s thesis recognition procedure
Your final master’s thesis ("Projet de Fin d'Études" at Grenoble INP/ “Master Thesis” at KIT) must also be validated at both universities:
  • In case you complete the PFE at the INP, you must follow the same procedure as for the INP courses that are transferred to the KIT.
  • In case you complete the Master Thesis at the KIT*, you must send the proof of validation with your grade to the International Department Coordinator from Grenoble INP – Génie Industriel to transfer the grade to the INP Transcript of Records.
* Click here to learn more about the Master Thesis at the KIT.
What do students say about the Double Degree Program?